Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Television Ponderments

I flipped through every channel on my television today.

It was actually kind of interesting. I kept wondering if they were going to stop, but more and more just kept coming, even repeating networks certain times. It got up into the nine hundreds before finally getting back to channel one.

The sections of channels eventually began dividing into groups. There's the music section, the four hundreds. There's the 'Adult Content' section, which was thankfully blocked. (I really don't think that's something I want to be seeing first thing in the morning.) There's the sports section in the seven hundreds. And I think somewhere right before the eight hundreds began a long string of blocked Mexican channels.

The funny thing is, even with nine hundred channels, there was still nothing interesting on to watch. I tried watching the music video channel for a while because every now and then they show something good, but they were showing some really creepy random ones today that sort of diverted me from the channel.

I tried watching Doctor Who, I really did. It's probably the sixth time I've tried watching it now. I'm sorry, it's just too...well, I don't really know the word, but it's something of a cross between making want to laugh at it and making me want to perform a lobotomy on the writers and ask their brains how logic works, because clearly they lost grasp of it a long time ago.

I watched one of the unblocked Mexican channels for five minutes, trying to imagine what they were saying. I shouldn't be allowed to imagine things.

I attempted to watch Cartoon Network, but they were playing that stupid Dexter's Laboratory rip-off. Please, children, never, ever watch it or the TV Pigeon will come in the night and rearrange all your sock drawers.

I finally settled on watching the television turned off. It was a lot more interesting than anything else that was on, let me tell you.

What the hell's happened to television anyway?

1 comment: