Sunday, April 17, 2011

Block

I have writer's block today.
I know a lot of you think you know what I'm talking about, but there's a lot more to it than just, oh, I can't put words on paper. It's an intense emotional issue, writer's block. I want to write something. I can feel the writing in my bones, in my very blood, just stirring up inside of me until it's ready to burst. All I need is the subject, all I need is an object to focus my desire on, and everything just works perfectly. Only I don't have something to focus on, I can't think of anything. I try and try and try, and there's just no place for those words to sit.
Imagine, for example, your most favorite food sitting mere inches from you. Oh, and you've been starved for at least a week and a half of everything but lousy dirt water. Yes, that food is sitting right there...only there's a glass preventing you from touching it, a glass that you think you can break if you just punch hard enough, but it never does break and the food's just sitting there waiting for you on the other side. That's probably a good analogy for my writer's block.
I know a lot of you would whine at me to get some creative writing prompts. That's the thing: a lot of them really suck, and those that don't just don't spark me the right way and I don't feel like writing them. It's stupid, I know. Writer's block is stupid. I want to mash away the writer's block in my head with a hammer. A steel hammer. Screw that, Thor's hammer.
And oh look, I actually wrote something. Wow. That's the first thing in, like, a week. XD I feel accomplished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment