Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Silly Things

(The following is the beginning of my free time project. Read it if you want, it's pretty short. If you like it, for the goodness sakes let me know so that I have some motivation to continue it! That's right, I'm talking to you. You know who you all are. -points-)



'I am sorry to tell you that everything you have known and seen is a cover up.
'It’s nothing really too major, no. It’s not like the Matrix where all of our lives are being controlled by robots. It’s sort of more like Harry Potter. There’s an entire world running right underneath your noses that you don’t even realize. The funny thing is: there are hints of it anywhere, in stories, folklore, and rumors that circulate throughout small towns that really don’t get most of the cover-up you folks in the big cities have privilege to. In fact, if you’re smart, you can probably guess a lot of what I’m talking about right now.
'Let’s start with the obvious. Magic? It exists. It’s not like Harry Potter though, no. The thing is, pretty much anyone has the potential to use magic. It’s just that few people have the mental capacity and willpower to deal with the fact that magic exists. A lot of people simply just deny it; they’re too scientific. Others would willingly believe, but they don’t really have the willpower for the training it takes in order to use it, which is all well and good because people like that wouldn’t last long in the magic world anyway. No, it takes a certain type of person to last long in the magic world, and it’s those people who are inevitably drawn to it, much like I was.
'Of course, my introduction to the magic world wasn’t quite the graceful and awe-inspiring introduction you’d really expect. It all began, quite suddenly, when a book fell on my head.'

1 comment:

  1. Sounds more like Eragon to me. Maybe that's because I'm reading Brisingr instead of writing a history paper right now, though...

    I do like it. Continue, please (so I can get un-confused).

    ReplyDelete