Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Fuuuuuuuture

So, I had a strange thought today, one that sort of disturbs and concerns me all at the same time. That thought was: what will I be like when I'm seventy? Will I still be as insane and hyper as I am now? Probably not as hyper, but to be honest, I cannot see my mannerisms changing that much in the next fifty years. I can't ever see myself quit watching anime, for example, but to be honest it's sort of strange to imagine an old lady laughing at Keroro Gunso, or still attempting to play Legend of Zelda on the Wii. (Which will probably be outdated by then, but I can see myself playing it anyway. That and the GameBoy Advance SP, which I still have.)
And what will my grandchildren think of me? (Assuming I have them.) I mean, I guess I could either turn out a really awesome grandmother or a really creepy one ranting about how the good days of video games have gone and whatnot and how much I miss when Toonami was still on Cartoon Network. I think the latter is slightly more likely. I cannot see myself coming across as a mentally stable grandparents.
By then, of course, following the trends of today, all books will probably be electronic, and I'll probably be ranting about that too. If my grandkids don't know what an actual book looks like, I will probably have to beat them with my grandmother cane. And give them some books, of course.
Anyway, I guess I'm just sort of concerned about myself. These are the thoughts that go through my head as I'm busy browsing Kohl's at eleven in the morning.
Oh, and by the way, Rebecca Black was right. Saturday does come after Friday! What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment