Monday, March 28, 2011

Music-y Goodness

I have found a new band and its name is Pendulum. I am convinced that this is actually a band I founded. In the future, when time machines have been invented, I go back in time and I make this band and this music.
It's strange, really. I heard one of their songs on an online radio and something just clicked. I felt  the song. There was something that just made sense when I heard it, and so I went onto Youtube and listened to more and more of their songs until I just knew that they were my new favorite band. Each of their songs is slightly different, too, even though they're by the same band. And each one of the songs just represents something me. There's a song that's sounds to me like the ending to an anime. There's a song that's like a remix to a Super Mario theme, or something that could replace a Super Mario song. There's a song that just seems to mirror every stressful thing in my life at the moment in one simple chorus.
But the thing that really just clicks with me is how much I can feel the emotion. I think that's what makes a person like music. Yes, you listen to the music and like how it sounds and like the words, but really...when you like a band, you feel it. It resonates within you, it connects to what you're feeling and then inserts emotions into you and you just...feel it.
If someone ever asks me what music I like, I'm going to tell them that I like music with emotion. I think that just about sums up everything I like in music. Every genre, every artist...I like them because I can feel what they're trying to sing to me, trying to play for me.
So, I'll be saving up to buy Pendulum CDs now. If you want to check them out, look up their songs 'Witchcraft', 'Crush', and 'The Island, Part 1' on Youtube or something, I'm too lazy to put links.
And the new Within Temptation CD comes out tomorrow, by the way, which I am stoked for and have already preordered on iTunes. I will save you the rant on how excited I am. Instead know that I will not be hearing anything you say to me tomorrow because I will be listening to that CD. Sorry, but that's just the way it's going to be. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment